In very good condition as I doubt it has been lightly used more than a few times, and anodised in “STEELHEAD” fish graphic finish, no other reels have the ability to interchange spools and frames and no other has the Abel drag system that gives you the ability to Stop a submarine.
Every nut, bolt and screw are made in America at the Abel factory. These reels are built to last a lifetime of fishing, used by Guides and Ghillies as they are bombproof and perform brilliantly.
- 2010 marks the 11th year Abel has made Large Arbor Super Series Reels.
- Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot are 6061-T651 cold finished aerospace grade aluminium.
- Teflon sealed bearings are ISO9001:2000 and AS9100 Certified FAA TSO C149 Aircraft Bearings.
- Cork Drag System is made entirely in Abel’s factory. Abel use a superior high grade Portuguese cork with a little neat’s-foot oil on it.
- Double Pawl System: Super Series reel sizes 6 and larger are built with Abel’s recently upgraded double pawl system. Advantages include: increased reliability, back-up strength and unique sound.
Set up for left hand wind retrieve.