In new un-used condition and complete with original hardwood rod stopper, cloth bag and cordura protective rod tube.
A quality cane rod, handmade in Alnwick by Calum Gladstone from hand split Tonkin Bamboo. Hardy have been handcrafting bamboo fly rods in Alnwick, England since 1872 – that’s almost 140 years of experience, and the introduction of its best ever range of bamboo rods only re-affirms its commitment to the bamboo from which its winning history was born.
To say that the Hardy Bros Master Bamboo Rod Builders are passionate about their work is an understatement – to them it is without a doubt a passion not just a profession. Even without meeting Tom Moran or Calum Gladstone in the flesh, this becomes clearly obvious when you first cast your eyes over one of their stunning, handcrafted, Hardy Bros bamboo fly rods.
The first thing you notice might be the Hardy Bros crystal clear finish on the pure silk wraps with their single tippings, or it might be the hand filed, heat pressed nodes, or the beautifully hand scripted artwork. Look a little further and you’ll notice the ‘Super Z’ rod joints, the Moran style hook keeper and the ‘flor’ grade cork handle.
Even in the already ultra high quality world of handmade aficionados from around the world, we believe these Hardy Bros Bamboo rods have set a new standard for build quality and attention to detail that others will strive to follow.
- Handmade in Alnwick, England by Calum Gladstone, master rod builder
- Hand split Tonkin bamboo
- Hand filed, heat pressed nodes
- Gladstone style swelled butt
- Flamed finish as standard
- ‘Permali’ wooden joint protector
- Classic Hardy Bros style cork handle and reel seat spacer
- Gun Metal ‘W’ style reel fitting
- Pure silk wraps with single tipping
- Hardy Bros crystal clear finishing
- Designed, developed, engineered and manufactured in Alnwick England to the exacting standards of Hardy Bros.